- 2 lbs fresh grouper fillets or any firm white fleshed fish
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- canola oil for frying
Grouper is one of the favorite fish in the Bahamas. This is a super simple preparation that yields a wonderful result.
- Cut grouper fillets into strips.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Squeeze lime juice all over the fish strips.
- In a deep sauce pan or deep fryer heat several inches of oil to 360 degrees.
- Dip the fish strips in milk, then egg and coat with flour.
- Remove excess flour then fry until golden brown. Do not over crowd pan.
- Serve with rice and peas.