Cajun Chicken Wings
|1 package of chicken wings (3 lbs)|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|2 tbs cayenne pepper|
|1 and 1/2 tbs white pepper|
|3 tbs Cajun seasoning|
|non stick cooking spray|
|1 cup honey|
|1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce|
|1/4 cup apple cider vinegar|
|1/4 cup dry sherry|
|2 tbs steak sauce|
These are super spicy Cajun chicken wings flavored with cayenne, Cajun seasoning, white pepper. The wings are then bathed in a savory sauce of honey, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar and sherry.
- The day before, wash the chicken wings and place in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, then coat the wings with cayenne and white pepper as well as with the Cajun seasoning.
- Cover and let sit overnight. Mixing occasionally to make sure wings are well covered.
- Add the wings to an aluminium covered baking sheet which has been sprayed with non stick spray and bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, mix the honey, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sherry and steak sauce in a bowl.
- Remove wings from oven and brush with the glaze and place under a hot broiler for 5 minutes.
- Alternative method; You may cook the wings over hot charcoal, turning frequently to make sure they do not burn.
- During the last several minutes of cooking baste them with the glaze.