Caribbean Creole Chicken
|2 medium chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips or cubes|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|1 tbs canola oil|
|2 cloves garlic minced|
|1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes|
|1/4 lb of fresh okra, sliced into rounds|
|1 cup chili sauce|
|1 and 1/2 cups of green bell pepper, chopped|
|1 tsp dried basil|
|1/2 cup chopped celery|
|1 tbs of fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 tsp crushed red pepper|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a super simple recipe for delicious Caribbean chicken creole. It can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. It contains okra, onions, garlic, basil, bell pepper and a dash of red pepper flakes.
- In a large sauce pan and the oil, onions and garlic. Saute for several minutes.
- Add the green pepper, celery and okra and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and lightly brown. About 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the crushed red pepper
- Add the remaining ingredients, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice, along with saute red and green pepper strips and onions.