Caribbean Green Bean Potato Salad
- 2 lbs of red potatoes
- 1 lb of green beans trimmed and halved
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 scotch bonnet or Habanero pepper, seeds removed and diced
This is a version of potato salad that is served all over the Caribbean. If you don’t want it very spicy eliminate the scotch bonnet pepper.
- Dice potatoes into bit sized pieces.
- Add potatoes to cold water and bring to a boil and cook until tender.
- Steam the green beans for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing with vinegar, oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard and sugar. Mix well
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the cooled beans and potatoes.
- Top with the dressing and gently mix well.