Caribbean Green Bean Potato Salad
|2 lbs of red potatoes|
|1 lb of green beans trimmed and halved|
|3 cloves garlic minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|4 tbs balsamic vinegar|
|3 tbs olive oil|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|1/2 tsp sugar|
|1 cup red bell pepper, diced|
|1/2 cup red onion, diced|
|3 tbs lemon juice|
|1/2 scotch bonnet or Habanero pepper, seeds removed and diced|
This is a version of potato salad that is served all over the Caribbean. If you don’t want it very spicy eliminate the scotch bonnet pepper.
- Dice potatoes into bit sized pieces.
- Add potatoes to cold water and bring to a boil and cook until tender.
- Steam the green beans for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing with vinegar, oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard and sugar. Mix well
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the cooled beans and potatoes.
- Top with the dressing and gently mix well.