- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dark rum (more if desired)
- 2 tbs white corn syrup
- 1 and1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup rum
This is delicious cake flavored with rum, cinnamon and vanilla. Definitely not for Kids.
- For the cake, blend the butter and sugar into a cream.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon, vanilla and rum and blend well.
- Baked in a greased loaf pan for 45-60 minutes at 300-325 degrees.
- For the sauce, bring all the ingredients to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add rum and mix well.
- Pour over the cake while still warm.