Caribbean Rum Cake
|1 cup butter|
|2 cups sugar|
|2 cups flour, sifted|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|2 tsp vanilla|
|1/8 tsp salt|
|1/4 cup dark rum (more if desired)|
|2 tbs white corn syrup|
|1 and1/2 cups sugar|
|1/4 cups water|
|1/2 cup rum|
This is delicious cake flavored with rum, cinnamon and vanilla. Definitely not for Kids.
- For the cake, blend the butter and sugar into a cream.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon, vanilla and rum and blend well.
- Baked in a greased loaf pan for 45-60 minutes at 300-325 degrees.
- For the sauce, bring all the ingredients to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add rum and mix well.
- Pour over the cake while still warm.