Celeriac (Celery Root) Salad
- 2 medium celeriacs
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 4 hard cooked eggs
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 5 tbs mayonnaise
- pimento stuffed olives for garnish
- paprika for garnish
Celeriac is a under used but absolutely delicious vegetable. It is crunchy and has a faint taste of celery.
- Peel celery roots, cutting the root from the bottom and top.
- Cut in roots in half.
- Cook in boiling salted water with 1 tsp lemon juice until tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Drain and cut roots into cubes.
- Place in a bowl with remaining lemon juice to retain color.
- When roots are cool add 3 diced hard cooked eggs, scallions, parsley and mayonnaise.
- Season with salt and pepper and gently mix well
- Place salad in a serving bowl and garnish with slices of hard cooked eggs and olives.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.