Chinese Chicken and Shrimp Chow Mein
- 8 oz of thin pasta noodles
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 scallions cut into 2 inch pieces, white and green parts
- 1/2 lb of skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 lb of Napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 lb of bean sprouts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs dry sherry wine
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Chicken Chow Mein is a Chinese dish that was developed in America designed to appeal to American tastes.
- Cook the noodles in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Thinly slice the onions and chicken.
- Shred the cabbage into thin shreds.
- Heat the oil and sesame oil in a large wok of saute pan.
- Add the onions and chicken with the chili powder and stir fry over high heat until almost tender. About 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix together the bean sprouts, cabbage shrimp and garlic.
- Add to the wok and stir fry for several minutes.
- Add the noodles, soy sauce and sherry.
- Cook for several minutes until heated through
- Season with salt and pepper.