- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup minced parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tsp minced, basil, thyme or oregano or a mixture
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
This is sauce/condiment that is used primarily in South America. It is wonderful drizzled over steak or empanadas. There are many variations of this sauce, however this is the basic template.
- Combine all ingredients in a mini food processor or blender and blend well.
- Add to a serving bowl and let for 1 hour before serving.
- If desired you may leave the sauce chunky and skip the food processor step.