- 2 lbs of large, peeled and deveined shrimp, tail on
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- canola oil for frying
This is super simple recipe for coconut shrimp. The shrimp are breaded in a mixture of bread crumbs and grated coconut.
- Season the shrimp with the seasoned salt and set aside for several hours.
- Beat eggs well in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the bread crumbs and coconut.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or deep fryer to 360 degrees.
- Place shrimp in evaporated milk, then eggs. Allow excess to drip of, then coat with the bread crumb coconut mixture.
- Fry in batches until golden brown.