- 2 large conchs (available in Caribbean markets or by mail order)
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 red, green, yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 scotch bonnet or Habanero pepper, minced ( more if you like it very spicy)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves minced garlic, optional
This is a salad that gains its genesis in the Bahamas. This recipe was developed by chef Skinny of Potters Cay near Paradise Island.
- Wash the conch with a mixture of lemon juice, salt and water.
- Clean the conch and remove all slime, if any. Cut into small cubes.
- Place conch in a non reactive mixing bowl along with all other ingredients.
- Mix well and serve.