Corn and Oyster Soup
- 1 pint of oysters, with juice
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 qt milk
- 1 lb of frozen or canned corn
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- paprika for sprinkling
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
This is delicious savory soup that is traditionally served on Christmas eve but it is also great anytime of the year.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan.
- Stir in flour and continue stirring for about 1 minute until flour has absorbed.
- Slowly whisk in milk until mixture is smooth and comes to a boil.
- Add the corn, oysters and their liquor.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with paprika and parsley.
- Serve with oyster crackers.