- 2 thick cut bone in pork chops
- 2 tbs canola oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup flour
This is a super simple pork chop recipe that is typical to south. We use thick bone in pork chops as bone in meats tend to have better flavor. This recipe may be increased to accommodate any number of guests.
- Wash the pork chops and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the flour to a shallow dish.
- Heat the oil using medium high heat.
- Rub the chops all over with the spice mixture, then dredge in the flour.
- Add the chops to the oil and reduce heat to medium and fry for about 4 to 5 minutes per side, until golden brown. Take care not to over cook.