Crab Meat Mousse
- 2 envelopes of plain gelatin
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup of hot chicken broth
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 lb of back-fin crab meat (you may also use cut up snow or king crab)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 small onion, quartered
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, diced
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten until peaks form.
This is a beautiful as well as delicious recipe. Un-mold onto a bed of butter lettuce leaves along with cherry tomatoes and hard cooked egg wedges.
- Place gelatin, broth and wine in a blender.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for red pepper, cream and egg whites.
- Blend for 20 seconds. After the first 5 seconds, gradually add the cream.
- Add the red peppers at the last second.
- Turn crab mixture into egg whites and fold carefully.
- Pour mixture into a 4 cup mold.
- Chill until set. At least 1 hour.
- Serve atop of butter lettuce, garnished with cherry tomatoes and hard boiled egg wedges.