- 8 ears of fresh corn on the cob
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs butter
This is an old time country dish that is baked in the oven.
- Cut the corn off the cob with a sharp knife. Scrape the corn with the edge of a knife to extract the juices from the cob. You should have about 4 cups.
- Combine the corn with milk, salt, sugar and pepper.
- Place in a greased 1 and 1/2 quart casserole.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven until corn is tender. About 45 minutes.
- Serve in individual small bowls.