Cuban Custard Natilla
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
This is a Cuban dessert of milk flavored with cinnamon and sugar. Absolutely delicious!
- Heat 1 cup milk and the cinnamon until boiling. Remove from heat.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in water and mix the remaining cold milk and the cornstarch mixture.
- Mix the egg yolks together in cold milk and then slowly add the hot mixture.
- Heat over medium heat until thick and stir constantly.
- Remove from heat when thickened and add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Allow to cool and serve chilled.