Cuban Custard Natilla
|3 cups of milk|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|4 tsp cornstarch|
|1/4 cup water|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|4 egg yolks|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
This is a Cuban dessert of milk flavored with cinnamon and sugar. Absolutely delicious!
- Heat 1 cup milk and the cinnamon until boiling. Remove from heat.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in water and mix the remaining cold milk and the cornstarch mixture.
- Mix the egg yolks together in cold milk and then slowly add the hot mixture.
- Heat over medium heat until thick and stir constantly.
- Remove from heat when thickened and add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Allow to cool and serve chilled.