Four Bean Salad
|2 cups kidney beans, canned|
|2 cups wax beans, canned|
|2 cups black eyed peas, canned|
|2 cups green beans, canned|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup white wine vinegar|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/2 tsp dry mustard|
|1/2 tsp dried tarragon|
|1/2 tsp dried basil|
|2 tbs parsley, chopped|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
This is a great healthy salad that you can prepare for a crowd with minimum effort. This bean salad contains four different beans flavored with dry mustard, wine vinegar, tarragon, basil and parsley.
- Place beans in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine all remaining ingredients, except onion rings and pour over beans.
- Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, add onion rings.
- Toss lightly, then drain.
- Transfer to a large lettuce-lined salad bowl.