Four Bean Salad
- 2 cups kidney beans, canned
- 2 cups wax beans, canned
- 2 cups black eyed peas, canned
- 2 cups green beans, canned
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
This is a great healthy salad that you can prepare for a crowd with minimum effort. This bean salad contains four different beans flavored with dry mustard, wine vinegar, tarragon, basil and parsley.
- Place beans in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine all remaining ingredients, except onion rings and pour over beans.
- Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, add onion rings.
- Toss lightly, then drain.
- Transfer to a large lettuce-lined salad bowl.