Fried Red Potato Salad
|1 and 1/2 lbs of red potatoes, peeled and boiled|
|1/2 cup celery, chopped into dice|
|1 onion, chopped into dice|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1/2 cup yellow mustard|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|Canola or corn oil for frying|
This is a unique twist on potato salad. The potato is cubed and fried then cooled and mixed with a celery, onions, sour cream, mustard and mayonnaise dressing.
- Peel potatoes, cut them into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Add oil to a large sauce pan or deep fryer and bring temp to 360 degrees.
- Fry potatoes for about 10 minutes, until crispy on the outside and still soft on the inside
- Remove potatoes from oil and drain on paper towels
- Add potatoes to a large bowl and allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl mix the sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard. Mix well.
- Add the dressing, celery and onions to the potatoes and gently mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for about an hour before serving.