Greek Tzatziki Dip with Feta Cheese
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt, drained through a wire mesh strainer
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, or put a garlic press
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
This is a very versatile dip that is traditionally used in Gyro sandwiches, but is also great for dipping vegetables and chips. This version uses feta cheese.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place the yogurt in a wire mesh strainer and let drain for about 15 minutes.
- Add the yogurt and sour cream to the oil and vinegar mixture and mix well.
- Add the feta cheese and the cucumbers and oregano, parsley and white vinegar and mix well.
- Chill for several hours before serving.