Crab Meat Salad with Avocado and Grapefruit
|1 lb jumbo lump crabmeat|
|1/4 cup grapefruit juice|
|2 tbs mayonnaise|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup grapefruit sections, cut in half|
|2 small avocados, cut in half|
|lettuce leaves for serving|
|lemon juice for squeezing on avocados|
|parsley for garnish|
This is a wonderful crab salad that is flavored with grapefruit, lemon juice, and avocado. Recipe may be doubled.
- Mix mayonnaise, juice, oil, salt and pepper.
- Put aside 2 tbs of the mixture.
- Mix the rest of the mixture with the crab meat and grapefruit sections.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the avocados to prevent browning.
- Fill the cavities of the avocados with the crab salad.
- Serve salad on a bed of lettuce.
- Drizzle the remaining mixture over the salad.