Herbed Tomato Salad
- 6 ripe tomatoes, peeled
- 2/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup scallions, cut into 1/8 inch rounds
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme or marjoram leaves
- kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Parsley for garnish
This is a delicious salad with tomatoes, scallions and herbs. It is a perfect salad for the end of summer using farm fresh juicy ripe tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes in a large glass bowl.
- In a jar with a screw top combine the remaining ingredients and shake well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the tomatoes.
- Cover the salad and chill for several hours or overnight.
- At serving time drain off the dressing and garnish with parsley.