Herbed Tomato Salad
|6 ripe tomatoes, peeled|
|2/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup tarragon vinegar|
|1/4 cup parsley leaves|
|1/4 cup scallions, cut into 1/8 inch rounds|
|4 sprigs fresh thyme or marjoram leaves|
|kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|Parsley for garnish|
This is a delicious salad with tomatoes, scallions and herbs. It is a perfect salad for the end of summer using farm fresh juicy ripe tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes in a large glass bowl.
- In a jar with a screw top combine the remaining ingredients and shake well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the tomatoes.
- Cover the salad and chill for several hours or overnight.
- At serving time drain off the dressing and garnish with parsley.