- 4 cups grated coconut
- 2 cups of boiling water or hot milk
Here’s how to make you own homemade coconut milk. You will find that it is superior to anything that you can buy in a can.
- In a large bowl cover the grated coconut with the boiling water or milk and let steep for 15 or 20 minutes. (milk will give you a richer finished product)
- Drain the coconut through a strainer, reserving the liquid.
- The coconut milk should be placed in a wire mesh sieve or in cheese cloth to squeeze out the remaining liquid.
- Store in a container and refrigerate. The coconut cream will rise to the top.