Honey Apricot Spread
- 1/2 cup dried apricot halves
- 1 and 1/4 cups honey, divided
This is a wonderful spread that can be used on crackers or crusty bread. Makes 1 and 1/4 cups.
- Place apricots in blender or a food processor.
- Process until finely chopped.
- Add 2 tbs honey and process until well blended.
- With motor running slowly add the remaining honey and blend until completely mixed
- Spoon the mixture into the top a a small double boiler.
- Cook stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Remove from heat and pour into jars.
- Allow to cool.
- May be stored at room temperature.