Hot Italian Sausages with Cherry Peppers
|12 hot Italian sausages, pricked with a fork all over|
|2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil|
|3 cups of marinara sauce, bottled or homemade|
If you like spicy this recipe is for you. It marries sweet savory marinara with hot Italian sausages and spicy cherry peppers.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan, and add the sausages.
- Saute over low heat for about 15 minutes, turning frequently to brown on all sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Drain excess oil from saute pan and add the marinara sauce, cooked sausages and cherry peppers.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- May serve with pasta if desired.