- 8 ozs of dark rum
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice (or a combination of both)
- 4 ozs passion fruit syrup
- Crushed ice
- Lemon and or lime slice for garnish
- 2 maraschino cherry
This is a cocktail that became famous in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Makes 2 cocktails. Recipe may be doubled or tripled.
- Add all ingredients except for the lemon slices and cherries to a cocktail shaker or large pitcher
- Shake or mix well until chilled.
- Pour into tall glasses or goblets.
- Garnish with lemon/lime slices and a cherry