Italian Sausage and Pepper Hoagie
|2 lbs of sweet Italian sausage|
|2 clove of garlic, chopped|
|2 red onions, thinly sliced|
|2 red peppers, seeded sliced into strips|
|3 tomatoes, chopped|
|4 6 inch deli rolls|
|1 tbs oregano|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
Sausage and peppers is a classic combination. This sandwich is flavored with onions, garlic and oregano. Makes 4 sandwiches.
- Slice sausages into 1/2 inch think crosswise slices.
- Fry sausage in a saute pan until browned and cook through.
- Remove sausage from skilled and add the garlic, onions and peppers.
- Saute for about 3 to 5 minutes until vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- Add tomatoes and oregano, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sausage back to the pan and gently mix
- Add and equal amount of the sausage filling to each roll.