- 2 lbs of sweet Italian sausage
- 2 clove of garlic, chopped
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 red peppers, seeded sliced into strips
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 6 inch deli rolls
- 1 tbs oregano
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Sausage and peppers is a classic combination. This sandwich is flavored with onions, garlic and oregano. Makes 4 sandwiches.
- Slice sausages into 1/2 inch think crosswise slices.
- Fry sausage in a saute pan until browned and cook through.
- Remove sausage from skilled and add the garlic, onions and peppers.
- Saute for about 3 to 5 minutes until vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- Add tomatoes and oregano, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sausage back to the pan and gently mix
- Add and equal amount of the sausage filling to each roll.