Jamaican Hot Sauce with Roasted Onions and Garlic
|10 scotch bonnet or Habanero peppers (Red or yellow or a combination of both)|
|1 head of garlic, roasted|
|1 small yellow onion roasted|
|1 fresh roma tomato, roasted|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup white vinegar|
|1 tbs sugar|
This is super spicy hot sauce that is very easy to make at home. This recipe uses scotch bonnet or Habanero peppers, roasted garlic, roasted onions, ginger as a base. Its super hot.
- Wrap garlic in aluminum foil and place in a roasting pan along with the tomato and peeled onion.
- Roast for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove the stems from the peppers, chop them and add to a blender, seeds and all.
- Chop the onion and tomato and add the blender.
- Squeeze the garlic for its paper covering and place in the blender.
- Add the vinegar and a little salt and pepper.
- Blend until totally emulsified.
- Taste for seasoning. Be careful this sauce is very hot.
- Use for any dish where you want some good heat. Will keep in the refrigerator for 30 days.