Japanese Cucumber and Crab Salad
- 4 japanese cucumbers, unpeeled, cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed with a spoon
- 1 tbs of kosher salt
- 1 lb of lump crab meat (you may also use king or snow crab meat cut into chunks)
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tbs of rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbs of sesame oil
This is a delicious salad full of Asian flavors. Once you drain the cucumbers it only takes minutes to prepare.
- Once you cut and seed the cucumbers, slice them into thin crescents.
- Place the cucumbers in a colander and add the salt.
- Let the cucumbers sit over a bowl for about 45 minutes.
- Rinse and dry the cucumbers. (a salad spinner works well)
- Add the cucumbers to a bowl.