Lamb Cocktail Meatballs with Feta Cheese
- 1 lb of ground lamb
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 tbs dry bread crumbs
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, minced
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs vinegar
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup of ripe olives halved
- 1/2 lb of feta cheese, cut into squares
- 2 leaves of lettuce, torn into tiny pieces
This is a great appetizer to serve for a cocktail party or informal gathering.These luscious meatballs contain, onion, bell pepper.brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and prepared mustard. These spices give them incredible flavor.
- Mix ground lamb with egg and bread crumbs and shape into 1/2 inch balls. (about 50 balls)
- Arrange in a shallow baking pan and broil until browned. Turn once.
- Pour off fat.
- Meanwhile in a sauce pan, cook the onion, and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Add the meatballs and remaining ingredients.Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add a chunk of feta, a tiny piece of lettuce and a sliver of black olive atop each lamb meat ball and place a skewer in the center.
- Place on a platter and serve.