Little Neck Clams and Shrimp in Savory Broth
|2 dozen little neck clams, scrubbed|
|1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on|
|1 cup chicken broth or fish stock|
|1/2 cup white wine|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1/2 red bell pepper, minced|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 tbs unsalted butter|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This recipe marries a flavorful broth of fish stock, white wine, garlic,bell pepper, parsley and butter with sweet little neck clams.
- Place the clams in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp.
- Add the chicken broth, white wine, garlic, chopped red peppers, parsley and butter.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until clams open.
- Add the clams to a bowl along with the juices.
- Toss everything together until it’s well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread.
This is delicious!!! I served it over angel hair pasta. I had fresh shrimp but had to use frozen cooked little neck clams. We can’t wait to try this with fresh clams
WE are glad that you enjoyed it,