Marinated Shrimp with Onion Lemon and Chives
|1 lb of extra large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1/2 small onion mined|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|3 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|3 tbs fresh chives, chopped|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|butter lettuce leaves|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a delicious way to serve fresh shrimp.Cook the shrimp briefly then add them to a flavorful marinade. It is beautiful served in butter lettuce cups garnished with parsley and lemon.
- Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes in boiling water, along with a bay leaf, diced carrot and diced onion.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, lemon juice and chives.
- Add the oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly until the mixture is emulsified.
- Add the shrimp to the dressing and coat well.
- Chill for several hours.
- Add shrimp to butter lettuce leaves and serve.