Marinated Shrimp with Onion Lemon and Chives
- 1 lb of extra large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 small onion mined
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 3 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbs fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- butter lettuce leaves
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a delicious way to serve fresh shrimp.Cook the shrimp briefly then add them to a flavorful marinade. It is beautiful served in butter lettuce cups garnished with parsley and lemon.
- Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes in boiling water, along with a bay leaf, diced carrot and diced onion.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, lemon juice and chives.
- Add the oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly until the mixture is emulsified.
- Add the shrimp to the dressing and coat well.
- Chill for several hours.
- Add shrimp to butter lettuce leaves and serve.