- 1 large mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 large ripe tomato
- juice of 2 limes
- 4 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped, stems and leaves (there is a lot of flavor in the stems of cilantro)
- dash of kosher salt
- 1/2 white onion, minced
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (leave seed in if you like it spicy, otherwise remove them)
- Serve with Multi- grain chips of with chicken fajitas.
This recipe comes from an avid lover of good food. Melissa Martinez is a native of Miami and she enjoys traveling, shopping, dancing, good friends and the beach. She says if you love mango then you will love this recipe. We tried it and she’s right. Thank you Melissa for the great recipe. Enjoy!
- Peel mango and cut into 1/8 inch cubes, and add to a non reactive bowl.
- Slice tomato in half and squeeze out the seeds and chop into cubes.
- Add onions.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt to taste. About 1 or two tsps.
- Add lime juice and cilantro and jalapeno peppers.
- Gently mix well.
- Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to 1/2 hour to allow flavors to marry.
- Serve with multi grain chips or chicken fajitas.
- Recipe may be doubled.