Orange Spiced French Pears and Grapes
- 3 ripe french pears, peeled
- 12 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 large orange, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
This is a recipe that we learned for the great chef Jacques Pepin. It marries ripe pears with citrus juices, grapes and spices. Its absolutely delicious.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise. Remove core with a melon baller.
- Insert 2 cloves in the broad end of each pear half.
- Heat sugar, orange juice lemon juice and cinnamon stick to boiling in a large sauce pan. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place the pears in the orange syrup.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove pears to serving dish. Add orange slices and grapes.
- Pour orange syrup over fruit.