Pan Sauteed Red Snapper with Ricotta Cheese
|1 lb red snapper fillets|
|1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning|
|kosher salt to taste|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1 medium onion chopped|
|1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped|
|1/2 cup carrots, cut into thin strips|
|2 cloves garlic minced|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|2 tbs ricotta cheese|
|1 tomato, chopped|
|2 tbs of ripe olives chopped|
This Red Snapper is sauteed in olive oil, flavored with lemon pepper, onion, carrots, peppers, garlic and white wine.
- Season fish with lemon pepper seasoning and salt on both sides and let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a large saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, red pepper, carrot and garlic. Saute for about 10 minutes.
- Add wine and bring to a boil. Remove vegetables from the pan.
- Pull fillets in a singly layer in the center of the saute pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Add tomato and olives and top with cheese.
- Cover and cook for about 3 minutes or until the fish begins to flake.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter and garnish with the vegetables and pan juices.