Pasta Fagioli/ Bean and Macaroni Soup
|1/2 lb of elbow pasta, cooked according to package directions.|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1 cup diced onions|
|2 cups chicken stock canned on homemade|
|1 15 oz can of Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed|
|3 cups of marinara sauce, jarred or homemade|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp oregano|
|2 tsp garlic powder|
|Parmesan cheese, grated|
This recipe is the best of Italian home cooking. It uses elbow macaroni and Cannelloni beans.
- Heat olive oil in a deep skilled and saute the onions until lightly browned.
- Add the stock, beans, spices and marinara sauce, and bring to a boil.
- Add the cooked pasta and reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over individual servings.