Pasta Fagioli/ Bean and Macaroni Soup
- 1/2 lb of elbow pasta, cooked according to package directions.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 cups chicken stock canned on homemade
- 1 15 oz can of Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups of marinara sauce, jarred or homemade
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese, grated
This recipe is the best of Italian home cooking. It uses elbow macaroni and Cannelloni beans.
- Heat olive oil in a deep skilled and saute the onions until lightly browned.
- Add the stock, beans, spices and marinara sauce, and bring to a boil.
- Add the cooked pasta and reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over individual servings.