Peppered Mushrooms in Brown Sauce
- 1 and 1/2 lb of mushrooms trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small jar of roasted red peppers, drained and sliced in strips
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is delicious mushroom dish that is flavored with garlic, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, butter and cracked black pepper. 12 servings.
- Melt butter in a large covered saute pan.
- Add the mushrooms and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and and cook for 2 minute longer.
- Add thyme and Worcestershire sauce and allow sauce to reduce.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes longer until mushrooms are dark and glossy and the liquid has almost evaporated.
- Add the red pepper strips and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Serve hot with cocktail picks as an Hors d’oeuvre.