Peppered Mushrooms in Brown Sauce
|1 and 1/2 lb of mushrooms trimmed|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 small jar of roasted red peppers, drained and sliced in strips|
|1 clove garlic, mashed|
|1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce|
|2 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried|
|1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is delicious mushroom dish that is flavored with garlic, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, butter and cracked black pepper. 12 servings.
- Melt butter in a large covered saute pan.
- Add the mushrooms and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and and cook for 2 minute longer.
- Add thyme and Worcestershire sauce and allow sauce to reduce.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes longer until mushrooms are dark and glossy and the liquid has almost evaporated.
- Add the red pepper strips and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Serve hot with cocktail picks as an Hors d’oeuvre.