Potatoes in Buttermilk
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup buttermilk
- paprika for garnish
This is a wonderful side dish for any meal. It goes well with ham or bacon and can be served for breakfast as well.
- Heat butter in a skilled and add potatoes and toss and cook until potatoes begin to brown.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the buttermilk.
- Simmer slowly until potatoes are tender and the liquid is thickened.
- Sprinkle a little paprika on each serving.