This is a Puerto Rican version of rice pudding that is absolutely delicious. It is flavored with cloves, nutmeg, ginger sugar and nutmeg.
- 1 cup of short grained rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, crushed
- 1 14 oz can of coconut cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 14 oz can of condensed milk
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Soak rice in water for two hours prior to cooking, then drain.
- In a deep pan, add 3 cups of water, salt, ginger and cloves and bring to a boil.
- Pour mixture through a wire mesh strainer, remove the spices and boil again.
- Add the rice, sugar, coconut cream and oil.
- Cover and cook at low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add the raisins, mix well, remove cover and continue cooking until the rice absorbs all the water.
- Finally, slowly add the condensed milk and blend well.
- Pour into a square baking dish and allow to cool.
- Place in the refrigerator covered for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top of the pudding.
- Cut into 2 inch squares and serve.