Roasted Butternut Squash & Spinach Pasta
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/4 cups onions
- 3 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (1/2 inch cubes)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups tightly packed spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chicken stock, canned or homemade
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 lb of bow-tie or other small pasta
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is wonderful flavor combination that may be served as a main course or side dish.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Toss cubed squash in olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly on a cookie sheet, and roast for 20 minutes until slightly caramelized (this can be done ahead).
- In a large sauce pan, using medium heat, melt the butter and saute onions until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 and 1/2 tsp of rosemary to butter and onions and saute for another several minutes.
- Add wine and simmer about 1 minute until wine slightly reduces.
- Stir in stock, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer using low heat.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Place pasta in a serving bowl.
- gently fold in the sauce and squash.
- To finish add spinach, blue cheese and remaining 1/2 tsp or rosemary and serve.