- 2 large heads of garlic,roasted and pureed
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbs dry sherry
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 egg whites
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with toasted French bread a few cloves of roasted and sun dried tomatoes if desired
This is delicious soup flavored with the sweetness of roasted garlic, butter and sherry wine.
- Cut off the tops of the unpeeled garlic heads. Sprinkle with olive oil and wrap tightly in aluminum foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- When garlic is roasted, let cool slightly and squeeze the cloves from the heads.
- Mash the cloves with a fork.
- Heat the broth and add the mashed garlic.
- Whisk in the egg whites to thicken the soup.
- In a saute pan add the olive oil and butter and saute the onion until slightly soft.
- Add the mixture to the soup and add the sherry.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and serve.