Roasted Garlic Soup
|2 large heads of garlic,roasted and pureed|
|6 cups chicken broth|
|3 tbs dry sherry|
|2 tbs butter|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1 small onion, minced|
|3 egg whites|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.|
|Garnish with toasted French bread a few cloves of roasted and sun dried tomatoes if desired|
This is delicious soup flavored with the sweetness of roasted garlic, butter and sherry wine.
- Cut off the tops of the unpeeled garlic heads. Sprinkle with olive oil and wrap tightly in aluminum foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- When garlic is roasted, let cool slightly and squeeze the cloves from the heads.
- Mash the cloves with a fork.
- Heat the broth and add the mashed garlic.
- Whisk in the egg whites to thicken the soup.
- In a saute pan add the olive oil and butter and saute the onion until slightly soft.
- Add the mixture to the soup and add the sherry.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and serve.