Roasted Potatoes with Salt Vinegar Rosemary and Thyme
- 2 lbs of new red potatoes (small)
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs cider vinegar
- In a large pan of salted water place the potatoes. Bring the water to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and place them back into the pan using low heat to allow potatoes to dry out slightly.
- Place the potatoes on a oiled baking sheet and using a potato masher of the bottom of a pan smash them down slightly, making sure to break the skin.
- Generously brush olive oil on each potato then season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and thyme.
- Cook potatoes in a preheated 425 degree oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are browned and crispy.
- Sprinkle with vinegar if desired.