Roasted Potatoes with Salt Vinegar Rosemary and Thyme
|2 lbs of new red potatoes (small)|
|2 sprigs of fresh rosemary|
|3 sprigs of fresh thyme|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs cider vinegar|
- In a large pan of salted water place the potatoes. Bring the water to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and place them back into the pan using low heat to allow potatoes to dry out slightly.
- Place the potatoes on a oiled baking sheet and using a potato masher of the bottom of a pan smash them down slightly, making sure to break the skin.
- Generously brush olive oil on each potato then season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and thyme.
- Cook potatoes in a preheated 425 degree oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are browned and crispy.
- Sprinkle with vinegar if desired.