Roasted Spicy Curry Paste
- 6 tbs roasted coriander seeds
- 1 tsp roasted anise seeds
- 1 tsp roasted whole cloves
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 1 tsp roasted fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp roasted black peppercorns
- 1 tsp roasted mustard seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Habanero pepper chopped (if you like it super spicy leave the seeds in)
- Water as needed
This technique will allow you to make you own homemade curry paste. Roasting the spices brings our a full rich flavor. You can make it in advance and store it in the refrigerator to use as needed.
- Add coriander, cloves, anise seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, and mustard seeds to a dry pan using medium heat and toast, moving around frequently. As soon as you see a little smoke, stir once more and remove from pan.
- Add all ingredients to a mortar and pestle or puree in a spice grinder or food processor.
- Add enough water to make a paste if needed.
- Store an air tight jar.