Rum Raisin Rice Pudding
|2 small boxes of raisins|
|1/4 cup rum|
|1 cup milk|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|3 tbs corn starch|
|1 tbs vanilla|
|1 cup cooked rice|
This is a delicious twist on rice pudding that uses rum and raisins.
- Soak raisins in rum 1/2 hour before cooking.
- In a large sauce pan combine milk, sugar, and cream. Set aside.
- Dissolve cornstarch with 1/4 of the milk mixture in another bowl.
- Beat the egg, add vanilla and cornstarch mixture. Beat well and set aside.
- Heat the milk mixture then add the cornstarch and egg mixture and whisk.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Add raisins, rice and rum to cooked pudding.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.