|2 lb ground beef|
|6 tbs crushed Ritz crackers|
|1 onion, minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp sage|
|1 8 oz can of mushroom stems and pieces, drained|
|4 tbs butter|
|1/4 cup flour|
|1 cups beef broth or 4 bullion cubes and 1 cup of water|
|1 tsp kitchen bouquet|
This is a Mom friendly recipe that reminds many of their favorite childhood meal.
- In a medium bowl combine the egg, cracker crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and sage.
- Add the beef and mix well.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- In a saute pan cook patties for 4 to 5 minutes per side using medium heat until browned. Drain
- Place patties on platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet saute mushrooms in butter for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour and blend well. Add broth or bullion cubes and whisk until mixture is smooth. Add more water or broth if necessary.
- Stir in kitchen bouquet.
- Return patties to gravy and cook using medium heat for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with noodles or mashed potatoes.