Salmon Stuffed Tomatoes
|6 ripe medium tomatoes, chilled|
|1 lb of canned or fresh salmon (if you use fresh just poach in water until salmon is cooked through)|
|1/2 cup cucumber, diced|
|1/2 cup celery, diced|
|2 scallions, chopped into rounds|
|1/2 bell pepper, diced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|3/4 cup mayonnaise|
|chopped parsley for garnish|
|lettuce leaves for garnish|
This is a great dish to serve at an informal luncheon. Ripe tomatoes are stuffed with salmon, green onions, cucumbers and green pepper.
- Place tomatoes in boiling water for 20 seconds, then place in a ice bath.
- Remove skin from tomatoes and cut off the tops.
- Scoop out the centers of the tomatoes. Turn the tomatoes upside down to drain.
- Meanwhile break the salmon into small pieces. Remove any bones and skin if any.
- Combine salmon with cucumber, celery, onion, green pepper and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and gently mix well.
- Lightly salt the inside of the tomatoes and fill with the salmon mixture.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and set on a platter or individual plates atop lettuce leaves.
- Note: you may want to cut a small portion from the bottom of the tomatoes which will allow it to sit evenly on the plate.