- 1 lb of extra large shrimp
- 4 hot dog rolls or New England split rolls
- 1/4 cup high quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1/4 cup melted butter
This is a lower cost version of the famous Lobster roll that is served all over New England but instead of lobster we choose to use shrimp. You may alternatively use lobster if desired.
- In a large sauce pan over high heat add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add shrimp and lemon wedges.
- Cook shrimp for 5 minutes until pink.
- Remove shrimp from water and immediately add to an ice bath.
- Peel and devein shrimp, and cut them in half, crosswise.
- Add shrimp, celery and mayonnaise to a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Place mixture in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a saute pan to medium high heat.
- Brush the outsides of the hot dog buns with melted butter and gently toast, turning once.
- Remove the shrimp form the refrigerator and add 1/4 of the shrimp mixture to each bun.