- 1 and 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on.
- 4 tbs garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup clarified butter
- 6 scallions, sliced on bias
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Lemon slices and fresh parsley sprigs for garnish
This is a super simple version of shrimp scampi.
- Heat clarified butter in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Don’t allow to burn.
- Add shrimp, onions, wine and lemon juice. Cook until shrimp turn pink. About 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Do not over cook.
- Add chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley.