- 1 lb of extra large head on shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on (not freshwater tiger shrimp)
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- juice of 2 to 3 lemons
In Spain Shrimp are often eaten with just 3 ingredients. Olive oil, salt and lemon juice. Typically head on, very large shrimp are prepared in this manner. The heads of the shrimp are pulled off first and the delicious juices are sucked from the head.
- Remove the shells from the shrimp and drop in boiling water for 10 seconds. Remove and add to ice water to stop cooking.
- Place the shrimp in a non reactive bowl.
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season with salt.
- Place shrimp artfully on an attractive platter and pour remaining olive oil and lemon mixture over.