- 1 lb of fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 tbs sugar (more if desired, depending of the sweetness of the strawberries)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbs strawberry jam
This is a easy to make delicious dessert sauce that is perfect drizzled over ice cream or cake.
- In a sauce pan combine the strawberry jam sugar and cornstarch in sauce pan.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add the strawberries and lemon juice and bring to a boil over medium heat for several minutes.
- Add mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- When strawberries are cool, run them through a wire mesh strainer.