- 16 jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing, bottled or homemade
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 can of white Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of solid white tuna, flaked
- 1 4oz jar of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 large rib of celery, peeled and chopped
- Butter lettuce leaves for serving
This pasta stuffs large pasta shells with a savory mix of beans, tuna and herbs. This recipe can be prepared in less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Cook pasta shells, then drain and rinse them in cold water. Set aside.
- Combine salad dressing celery, parsley, garlic, shallot, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Stir in beans, tuna, and roasted red peppers and gently combine.
- Using a teaspoon stuff a small amount of the tuna and bean mixture into the pasta shells.
- Place each pasta shell atop a lettuce leaf and serve.