Tomatoes Fresh Mozzarella with Basil Pesto and Onion
- 1 large ripe tomato cut into thick slices
- a few thin slices of Spanish onion
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 3 tbs of fresh basil pesto
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This Italian classic uses basil pesto instead of fresh basil. Totally delicious any way you slice it.
- Layer the fresh sliced mozzarella with the tomato and onion slices.
- Mix the pesto with the vinegar and pour over.
- Season with salt and pepper.